Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A Christmas Shaker Card for the InKing Royalty Blog Hop



Welcome to InKing Royalty's July Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs - this month's song is "I Don't Want to Wait 'til Christmas." We are half-way through the year, so there's no better time to start thinking about the joy of Christmas. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.

Hello everyone!
I am so excited about today's InKing Royalty blog hop-even more than usual! Today's theme is Christmas , and Christmas is my all-time favorite holiday. There are just so many things to be happy about at Christmastime, and the joy always seems to be contagious. It seems like everyone is at their best for the holiday, children and adults alike. Another reason I love it?
Christmas is in December.
December is reasonably cold.
I live in the south, y'all! Summer is just starting to hit its stride, and I'm ready to move along to cooler weather. Bring on the sweater weather!
I was thinking of the joys of a cold Christmas when I created today's card: 



I used a few of my favorite things to make this card: the Large Letters Framelits, Under the Mistletoe DSP, punches, and...sequins! Christmas requires all the sparkle I can muster :)

Oversize is where it's at: I started with a large 5" square card of Real Red CS. The letters are about 2" tall, and I knew I wanted to have a few layers of color so I needed to start with a pretty large base. The layer of Old Olive CS is 4 3/4" square, and the layer of DSP is 4 1/2" square. The thick Whisper White layer is 4 x 4 1/2".

Punch it up: I used a 1 3/4" circle punch to cut out my ornament, and I laid the white layer over the plaid and traced inside the circle with a pencil to mark the cutout. I used a foam adhesive strip around the outside of the circle to make the shaker portion. Don't forget to go back and erase the pencil marks :)
Did you recognize the second punch I used? I used the Tailored Tag Punch to punch out the top of my ornament from Gold Glimmer paper. I used just the end of the punch - so quick and easy!

A little dimension never hurt: There are a lot of things I feel Stampin' Up! does the best, but one of best of the best is Stampin' Dimensionals. Before I discovered SU, I tried several different versions that just did NOT work at all. Sometimes they were just too thick, or too flimsy, but none of them would stay put! Stampin' Dimensionals are just right : they're just thick enough, and they stick! I always have several packs on hand, and the one time I got down to just one sheet...well, it wasn't pretty. I use them on pretty much everything, and for this card I used both the regular and mini versions. The minis are just right for using on the Large Letters.
I hope today's card has you thinking nice, joyous thoughts of Christmastime as well!



Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you'll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery. There's lots of inspiration to be found in this group - and you don't want to miss it!

Have a magical day!
Nina


Thank you for hopping along with us.  If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:

  1. Brian King at Stamp with Brian
  2. Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
  3. Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
  4. Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie's Crafts
  5. Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
  6. Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
  7. Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin'
  8. Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
  9. Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
  10. Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
  11. Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
  12. Nina King at InkPaperSequins
  13. Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery

18 comments:

  1. Nina you rocked this one! Your little tricks are super. And resulted in a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat card! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Card Nina. The colors, the paper, the shaker. It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I love a fun shaker card! I'm glad you like it, Candy:)

      Delete
  5. You built a MASTERPIECE ! This is wonderful ! What a WOW card !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're making me blush! So glad you like it:)

      Delete
  6. Love(!!!!!) your shaker card!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nina, I love how you made the shaker look like an ornament, and the plaid paper is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good plaid paper, and I couldn't wait to use it. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  8. I can't tell you how much I adore this card!!!

    ReplyDelete

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...