Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Takeout Treats: September Pals Blog Hop


Welcome to the Pals September, 2018 Blog Hop. The 2018 Holiday Catalog from Stampin’ Up! Is out and the Pals are excited! Sit back while we share creations from “Our Favorite Holiday”.

You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.

Hello everyone!

The new 2018 Holiday Catalog is absolutely full of wonderful new stamps and accessories to make any holiday better this season. On my first look-through, I decided I wanted basically everything in it! Obviously, this isn't really feasible, so like everyone else I whittled my list to a good starting amount. I really tried to focus on purchasing only my most favorite bundles or sets for each holiday, then a few extra and multi-holiday sets.
That quickly went out the window!
Needless to say, I had a marvelous "un-boxing" of my first shipment of goodies!

Which brings me to today's hop, "our favorite holiday". While Halloween isn't my absolute most favorite holiday (that distinction belongs to Christmas), it is definitely my second most favorite. I love using purples and greens, I love to decorate, and it happens in the fall when the air is crisp and sweaters are the norm. Man, I love fall!
Today's project:
Bundle Up: One of the bundles at the top of my list was the Takeout Treats bundle. It has images  suitable for several different occasions, and the thinlits include a die to make a sweet little "takeout" box. Now, I tend to forget to check the measurements on these little boxes, and I didn't realize how tiny this box is. So for all of you out there, just know its on the tiny side. It will hold a couple tealights or nuggets, or other small candy. It will be perfect for little gifties for the littles in your life. I think it will work great for Halloween handouts for my daughters class this year.
The cute witches hat came from the Cauldron Bubble Bundle. A very cute set with an adorable witch and her accessories.

A New Favorite thing: Shimmer Paint is back! I wasn't a stamper when this was offered before, so it may be new to you like it is to me. I had to fall down the YouTube rabbit hole to find ways to use it. For this, I put a couple drops in the lid of the Frost White shimmer paint, then used a sponge dauber to pick it up and dab it on the tiny candy stamp from Takeout Treats. It looks so amazing on Basic Black Cardstock! The other colors are at the top of my list for my next order.


A Scary Good Halloween Color Combo: Gorgeous Grape meets Granny Apple Green with a touch of Mango Melody. Halloween perfection! The paper rosette on the front was made from two strips of Granny Apple Green striped paper from the Brights DSP pack. I cut the strips 3/4 in. wide, and folded them accordion-style every two stripes. 

And to Top it all off: A touch of Gorgeous Grape mini striped ribbon, a touch of bling courtesy of sequin trim, and a tiny tag to give a hint to the goodies inside:)

To my fellow Carolinians and others in the path of Hurricane Florence: Please stay safe and follow any evacuation orders! If you have any ill or elderly people in your life, please check in on them (and their pets). Love to all <3


Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you.. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.

Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 10, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. October is time for some wicked fun with “Wicked Folds” where the Pals will show you creations that are anything but a standard card fold. Don’t miss the fun.

Blog Hop  Line-up: 


  1. Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
  2. Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin'
  3. Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin' Hoot!
  4. Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
  5. Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
  6. Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
  7. Terri George at StampMeCrafty
  8. Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
  9. Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin'
  10. Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
  11. Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
  12. Nina King at InkPaperSequins      <You are here :)
  13. Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
  14. Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
  15. Leah O'Brien at Stamping By The Bay
  16. Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
  17. Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
  18. Rachael at Shedeed
  19. Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
  20. Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
  21. Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
  22. Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
  23. Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
  24. Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Thank  you for stopping by today!
Have a magical day!
Nina

16 comments:

  1. Such cuteness, Nina! I love this bundle, too! There are so many elements that are perfect to decorate the treat box or to add to a card. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brian! I feel like I'm going to be making tons of these cute little boxes!

      Delete
  2. Nina, this project really shines! I love the spooky details and the little box is perfect for those sweet treats. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable Nina! I love how you decorated the little container!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little treat, Nina! I'll come to your door that night!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet little boxes! I love the shimmer paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! That shimmer paint is awesome! Can't wait to try out the other colors!

      Delete
  6. Adorable! Love the sentiment and the treat box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Nina. Stay safe during your wild weather. Praying for all of you in harms way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rae. Thankfully, in my area it wasn't nearly as bad as they were predicting it to be. Unfortunately, the people near the coast weren't as lucky

      Delete
  8. I love these little treat boxes! And I adore how you decorated them!

    ReplyDelete

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...