Saturday, February 10, 2018

Magical Day for FMS323

Hey everyone!
Today I'm officially launching the ink paper sequins blog, and I'm starting off with a sketch challenge! The sketch Karren Johnson created at Freshly Made Sketches was a great opportunity for me to finally open my Magical Day bundle and Myths and Magic paper.

Here's the sketch:
Isn't that inspiring? I love it! Here is my interpretation:

I used my Aqua Painters to watercolor the dragon with Lemon Lime Twist ink, going over the main body a couple times to darken it. I mixed just a dab of Tranquil Tide with Lemon Lime Twist to add a little color to the scales on his belly and his wings and spikes. I punched  two cloud shapes out of the iridescent glimmer paper using the Tree Builder Punch.  The sentiment is from Dare to Dream, an exclusive hostess set. I love the beautiful font!

Thank you for stopping by!





11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog post and on your magical card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting your blog! It looks great, and what a perfect card to begin with. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card using an adorable dragon image! Welcome to blogland! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karren! I had so much fun playing with this sketch!

      Delete
  5. Such a wonderful card, Nina! I love your sweet dragon and the clouds you've created above the sentiment. Such a fun take on this sketch and a GREAT share for your first blog post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brian! It was time to jump on in to the blogging waters, thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  6. so pretty, luv the design and colors! I am so glad you played along with us at
    freshly made sketches!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new blog! Love your title!

    ReplyDelete

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...