Sunday, February 11, 2018

A wreath for GDP124

 You know how sometimes, even with a sketch to work with, you can spend hours trying to perfect a single card?
That was me today.

This week at Global Design Project it’s CASE the designer, with a wonderful card by Louise Sharp.
I loved the florals and the wreath layout on Louise’s card, and I definitely wanted to incorporate that into my project.

Isn't that lovely? I love the bright flowers and the how they pop against the muted colors of the background panels.

My card:

I started with a 5.5 square card base of very vanilla, and added a layer of crumb cake cardstock. On the main panel of very vanilla I used the flower and leaf die cuts from the Support Ribbon Framelits. I cut the leaves in Lemon Lime Twist and Pear Pizzazz and the flowers are Berry Burst and Fresh Fig. I wanted to add a little pop so I added some pearls to the centers of the flowers.  I stamped the sentiment from the Bloomin' Love stamp set. 

I hope you enjoyed my card, and don't forget to head over to the GDP site to see all the wonderful and inspiring works of art!


1 comment:

  1. Nina this is beautiful and a gorgeous interpretation of the CASE this week. I love all those bright florals and the pearls. Thanks so much for playing along to the GDP and CASEing my card. Hugs, Louise xo

    ReplyDelete

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...