Monday, February 19, 2018

A Heart-y mix for the first Festive Friday Challenge

I'm super excited today to share a card I created for the first ever Festive Friday Challenge! When I first heard about this new challenge, I just knew I had to join. The Festive Friday Challenge gives you a few options to include in your submission: a holiday, an element, or you can do both.  Not only are there options for your creations, you can earn points for prizes! How cool is that?



For this card, I wanted to include both:



Paper:
I started with a standard A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) card base of Basic Black, to which I added a panel of Melon Mambo CS (4 x 5 1/4). My focus panel is Shimmery White CS (3 3/4 x 5), which I absolutely adore because of the subtle shimmer it has. It really makes an impression in person, it's so lovely. 

Inks:
Powder Pink, Melon Mambo, Sweet Sugarplum, Versamark

Stamps:
Bloomin' Love, Sure Do Love You, Wood Words

After doing a watercolor wash of Powder Pink with my Aqua Painters, I stamped the biggest heart (from Sure Do Love You) in versamark ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  I added the other hearts in Melon Mambo and Sweet Sugarplum.  I used an embossing marker to add the tiny dots which I also heat embossed, as well as the sentiment and banner from Bloomin' Love.
And of course, I had to add a little sequins for some pizzazz, and these are from the Metallics Assortment.





Thanks for visiting today :)














2 comments:

  1. Nina, the watercolor wash is such a good base on this very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! Don’t forget that to earn Fest Points, you need an account on the challenge site. If you haven't already registered, just click on login/register anywhere on the challenge site to get started. https://festivefridaychallenge.com/
    Blessings,
    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Nina! I LOVE the water colored background. It's the perfect backdrop for the embossing and sequins. Thank you for joining us for the first Festive Friday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...