Sunday, March 25, 2018

In The City for FMS329

It's Sunday Fun day, and that means its time for another Freshly Made Sketches entry. I've been working all weekend on my swaps for Brian's Spring Stamp-Along, but I needed to take a break from repeating the same card 52 times (51 for the event, one as a backup). This week's sketch was a fun way to break up my mental fog!

This week's sketch:

Sometimes when I'm trying to follow a sketch, I will spend hours agonizing over my choice of stamp set. Today, I started to flip through my sets and found In The City and immediately I had an idea fully formed and ready to go. Even if I know what set I want to use, I normally change what I want to do with it a million times. Not today!

My card:



In the City is an exclusive hostess set in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. It has 60 (yes, 60!) photopolymer stamps that can make any kind of cityscape you could imagine. Houses, cars, planes...it even has fireworks and Storks making deliveries! This is an amazing set, and you only have 2 more months to add it to your collection if you haven't already.

- Flip it!
I knew I wanted to use the band in the sketch as a road leading to my neighborhood, but in order for the cars to be heading in the right direction, I had to flip the sketch around. Worked out great!
- Sponge it!
I used a roll of masking tape sitting on my craft table to make a template for my city area. Using my sponge daubers to blend Soft Sky ink inside the template made a perfect focal image.
- Stamp it!
  I stamped my buildings and trees on a spare bit of Whisper White and fussy cut with Paper Snips, and added them into the focal area using dimensionals for some depth.

I really like how this neighborhood came out, and that it came together quickly :)

Don't forget to check out the other amazing cards at the Freshly Made Sketches  blog, and come back to visit again soon!

Have a magical day!
Nina


12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your swaps for the event, Nina! I LOVE this card! Such a great use of this sketch! You've really created a story with this stamp set! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so excited for the Spring Stamp-Along!
      So glad you like my card! A story was exactly what I was aiming for! Thank you:)

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! I love your creative way to create the circle for the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad you like it! Thanks for making me your pick this week!

      Delete
  3. This is so sweet. Love this little scene! And 52 cards....makes me exhausted just considering it. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great card...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love this card. It caught my eye enough to comment - good job!

    ReplyDelete

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...