Monday, June 4, 2018

CASEing the King for GDP#140

Hey Everyone!

This week at Global Design Project is one of my favorite challenges : CASE the designer! I'm even more excited because we are CASEing the amazing Brian King. As Brian would say : How fun!!

Let's take a look at Brian's inspiring card:


Isn't that lovely? When you CASE a project, you can find inspiration in the colors, layout, theme...whatever strikes your fancy. For my card today, I mostly focused on the layout. I like how the flower on his card was angled off to the left, and the bold sentiment to the right. 
My card:

My background is watercolored in Soft Sea Foam and Coastal Cabana. I really love those colors, and together they make a beautiful ocean background. I used the sand spatter stamp from Magical Mermaid and crumb cake ink to make the ocean floor, stamping off once. 

I used my handy Stamparatus to stamp my octopus first in Lemon Lime Twist. Then I inked up the stamp in Granny Apple Green and blotted it randomly before stamping again. I wanted just a little more depth to him, and I like the way he turned out.

I had originally cut the algae from Bermuda Bay and Granny Apple Green cardstocks, but when I put them on the card I felt they were a touch too dark. So I cut them again from Vellum and Whisper White and used my sponge daubers to give it a softer color. 

The bold sentiment was stamped in Gorgeous Grape which is my favorite Stampin' Up purple ever. Like, ever ever. It is indeed gorgeous! I wanted the boldness but I didn't want a flat black in my softly colored ocean scene. 

The finishing touches were some basic pearls and Crumb Cake twine from the Nature's Twine collection.

I hope you enjoyed today's card, and stop by the GDP to check out all the other amazing CASEs of the King!

Have a magical Day!
Nina

4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card, Nina! Your collage of images is beautifully balanced. Thanks for playing along with my CASE the Designer challenge at GDP this week - and congrats on being recognized as one of the favorites. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Brian! I'm honored to have been chosen while CASEing the King!

      Delete

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...