Wednesday, May 16, 2018

I Gotta Feeling it's the InKing Royalty Blog Hop



Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! We are grinning from ear-to-ear with excitement over all the amazing, new products from Stampin' Up!'s 2018 Annual Catalog - and you're going to love what we are sharing today. Today's Blog Hop is filled with projects that offer sneak peeks at new products from the upcoming catalog. What fun! After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.

Hey Everyone!

I'm really excited about this month's blog hop theme "I Gotta Feeling" because it means I get to work with all my new goodies! I just a got a new box of fun supplies on Monday, so I knew exactly where I wanted to start...with the beautiful new color Gorgeous Grape :)

Purple is my absolute favorite color, and I love that we now have a nice, bright purple in Gorgeous Grape. I see me using this ALOT on pretty much anything I can use it on.
One of my favorite colors to pair with purple is green, and I knew the new Granny Apple Green would pair up perfectly with Gorgeous Grape. They're both bright, vibrant colors and they are a match made in heaven.
Unfortunately it's been overcast and rainy here so I had terrible indoor light that isn't doing these colors justice, but when I get a little sunshine again I'll be sure to update with better pictures.
I used a new background stamp called Handwritten. I used my stamparatus to add my versamark that I inked up only in the center, then I heat embossed it in white and did watercolor wash of Granny Apple Green over it. The sentiment is from the new set Detailed with Love. It has a beautiful font, and it coordinates with the Detailed Trio Punch which is one of my favorite new things from the new catalog.
I hope you like todays color combo, and give it a try for your next project. I'm going to try Highland Heather with Lemon Lime Twist next...I gotta feeling they're going to get along great.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you'll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie's Crafts . There's lots of inspiration to be found in this group - and you don't want to miss it!





Thank you for hopping along with us.  If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:


  • Brian King at Stamp with Brian
  • Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
  • Deb Cozzone at Grand Central Stamping
  • Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
  • Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
  • Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
  • Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
  • Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
  • Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
  • Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
  • Nina King at InkPaperSequins
  • Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie's Crafts
  • 14 comments:

    1. I too love purple and you made it pop! I especially like the partial Stamping of the background and then you topped it by embossing and doing a wash. A super card!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you, Jackie! I wanted to try something new for me, so glad you liked it :)

        Delete
    2. That watercolor wash of Granny Apple Green is EVERYTHING! What a super-fun card, Nina! Love this color combination.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, Brian! Granny apple green is moving up the ranks of favorite colors, for sure!

        Delete
    3. I love the way you did the wash over the embossed words. The wash is beautiful.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Replies
      1. Thank you, Candy! I love these two colors together!

        Delete
    5. Beautiful! The embossed stamp with the watercolor wash is fabulous.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, Sue! I love this new background stamp, i just knew I had to use it :)

        Delete
    6. I am totally obsessing over this card. I love everything about it. I am totally caseing this. It is perfect!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Love your technique and color scheme

      ReplyDelete

    InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

    Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...