Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Happy Tails- InKing Royalty Blog Hop



Welcome to InKing Royalty's January Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our projects are centered around LOVE. You're certain to see some amazing ideas for Valentine's Day in the hop, but there are other ways to honor love in the lineup, too. What fun! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Have you ever thought about how many different versions of love there are? I don't think I've really thought about it as much as I did when I sat down to work on my idea for this months blog hop. What kind of love was I looking to express? My love for my husband, or my love for my child, maybe even the love I have for my mother or my sister. Any of those would do, although making a card for my husband would be kind of pointless as he doesn't like cards ( yeah, I don't get it either). I could create something to express my love for my Sister-in-law, or my nieces...so many options! So many different kinds of love...the same, yet different. I finally decided that I would make a card for another important love- my best friend.
I met my best friend at work about five-ish years ago. She's overly blunt and take-no-prisoners, and I'm pretty quiet and standoffish (at first, anyway). Our friendship was sort of miraculous. She knows all the good, bad and ugly about me and loves me anyway. In my darkest hour she showed up, no hesitation, and took care of my family like we were her own. She's my family by choice, and I don't know what I would do without her. 
She's had a lot of sickness in her little family the past few months, and I haven't been able to see her much since we no longer work together and our schedules are very different.  So I decided to make a little something to send a smile her way. 
I knew I wanted to use the new Happy Tails bundle from the occasions catalog. When I saw this set in the catalog, I knew it would be on my first order. I have so many people who would love something created with these cute pups! Mackinzie used to operate a dog rescue, so I knew I would need to have this set for her, and the fact that it is a punch bundle- well. Punches are my absolute favorite.
I made a 3x3 card with Whisper White cardstock, then added a layer of Coastal Cabana (from the brights DSP stack) and stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy. I used the Melon Mambo Glitter Enamel Dots for a little pop of color on the collars.
It's simple, but sometimes simple is the way to go. Although I did agonize over it for hours :)
Thanks for stopping by and reading my rambling post about love. Did I mention the love that I have for that Maggiano's Pasta that I daydream about, or the new Starbucks Cinnamon Shortbread Frappuccino? I could write poetry about that deliciousness...perhaps another time :)




Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you'll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps. There's lots of inspiration to be found in this group - and you don't want to miss it!

Have a magical day!
Nina




Thank you for hopping along with us.  If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide
  1. Brian King at Stamp with Brian
  2. Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
  3. Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
  4. Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
  5. Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
  6. Windy Ellard at Windy's Wonderful Creations
  7. Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
  8. Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
  9. Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
  10. Nina King at InkPaperSequins   <you are here
  11. Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
  12. Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
  13. Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
  14. Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie's Crafts

8 comments:

  1. I too had the get this bundle on my first order. I understand your friends, or anyone’s, love of their furry babies! The fact it is a 3x3 is even better. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed reading your write up!! I also loved the card and love dogs. I like how you have two of them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, Nina! I LOVE Coastal Cabana and Melon Mambo together. Your story behind your card is super-sweet, too! It's great to have friends like that. ♥ So happy you hopped with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable square doggie card! Like your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the contrast with the enamel dot on Black & White. I am a dog nut and involved with rescue too. So rewarding! Dogs are the best,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute use of the dogs and the background DSP. The red dots for their collars really pop off the pups and DSP. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dog card! Love how you made a Snoopy type dig!

    ReplyDelete

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...