Welcome to InKing Royalty's February Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our projects are centered around BIRTHDAY. It's always special to celebrate the birthday of someone you love, so handmade birthday cards are always fun to share. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you'll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Today's project is a quick birthday card that I can make multiples of and keep in the card stash to have on hand.
I started with a piece of the How Sweet It Is DSP from the occasions catalog. It has a lot of bright colors and sweet prints that would make an excellent base for a fun birthday card. I really liked the bold stripes of the paper and it has several of my favorite SU colors included, so it really called to me.
I've been itching to use my Piece of Cake bundle - I do love my punches. I stamped the cake in Granny Apple Green and paired it with a Gorgeous Grape cake stand. Purples and Greens are one of my favorite color combinations. I used dimensionals to attach the cake to a piece of Melon Mambo CS I cut using the layering ovals dies.
I added the sentiment from the Sweetest Thing stamp set to the bottom in Granny Apple Green, and used glitter enamel dots for a little extra punch.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you'll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie . There's lots of inspiration to be found in this group - and you don't want to miss it!
Have a magical day!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Deb Cozzone at Grand Central Stamping
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie's Crafts
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps