Sunday, March 11, 2018

Honey Bear for GDP#128

Hey there!

Today I'm playing along with Global Design Project, and this week is CASE the Designer - Steffi Helmschrott. For GDP, to CASE means Copy and Selectively Edit. You can find inspiration in the shape of the card, the design elements, colors - you choose what you want to incorporate in your project to make it your own.

Steffi's lovely card:

What a beautiful, crisp card!

My card today:

I liked the look of the long, skinny card and thought it would make a great base. I used a piece of Crumb Cake CS measuring 6"x7", scored at 3". I really liked how the focal image was off to the side, leaving a large white space at the other end.  I used the cute little bear from the A Little Wild set, and  I used the coordinating Little Loves dies to cut him out (with a little extra trim). I colored all the pieces with my Stampin' Blends, and adhered them to a panel (2 1/4"x 6 1/4") of Whisper White with a  watercolor wash of Soft Sky on one side. The grass and sentiment are stamped in Wild Wasabi, a beautiful lighter green. I used my Tombow Multi glue to adhere the focal panel to a piece of (2 1/2"x 6 1/2") Daffodil Delight, to add a little brightness. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to attach it to the card base.


Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you'll go to the GDP site and check out all the wonderful artists taking inspiration from Steffi this week!


Have a magical day!
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...