Thursday, March 1, 2018

Sweet and simple for FabFri131

Today I'm sharing a card I made for Fab Friday 131. I've been trying to participate in challenges to help get my creative juices flowing when I sit down in my craft room. I'm blessed to have a lot of options to choose from...but sometimes that makes it harder! I want to use all of it, all of the time but challenges help to focus me on something particular and makes it easier to create.
 When I saw the sketch this week I immediately thought of my favorite punch...the Triple Banner punch. I can't believe I waited so long to get this one, I use it all of the time!
Today's card:

I tried to keep this one super simple and quick, and I did that by using our Whisper White notecards. Pre-scored with an envelope included, these are great when you need a last minute card or just to make a lot of cards quickly.
The Petal Passion DSP is gorgeous in all its original black and white glory, but its a perfect paper to add color to. I love our new Stampin' Blends, and I have been using them often. For this card, I colored random white dots with the Dark Pink Pirouette (thanks, Brian King!)
The flowers I used are from the Better Together set, a very versatile set with greetings for several occasions, and several images. I made these flowers by using the single flower stamp and the masking technique to make them a cluster. So easy and fun! I colored them with a combination of the Pink Pirouette and Rich Razzleberry blends, and used Old Olive for the leaves.
FabFrid131 sketch I used as inspiration:

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you'll check out all the wonderful projects using this sketch as inspiration at the Fab Friday challenge blog.

Have a magical day!
Nina

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! What a great, clean design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that dotty background with a few colored ones picked out - so sophisticated and clean! Your coloring on the little flowers is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who needs challenges to help narrow my choices! I like your clean and simple approach and the sweet cluster of flowers at the top! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trio of flowers is lovely! I adore your card, Nina!

    ReplyDelete

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...