Sunday, May 6, 2018

A Sweet Card for GDP136

This week at Global Design Project,  it's a CASE the designer challenge. These are some of my favorite challenges, and this week I'm super excited to CASE the talented Allison Okamitsu. She has one of the greatest blog names ever, and she's actually one of the first demos whose work I found online when I was first discovering Stampin' Up!
Isn't that just the sweetest? I love the colors, and the sweet little strawberries :)
My card:


I started out with a sheet from the Picture Perfect Party DSP, which is retiring at the end of the month. I tend to hoard our beautiful papers, so I made a challenge to myself to really start using them up before they're retired. I love the bright patterns in this pack, and on their reverse sides are photographs incorporating the colors to match. One page has a photograph of donuts in lots of bright colors including Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst, Bermuda Bay, and Peekaboo Peach. So fun!



These little donuts were super easy, and super fun to make. I used my 1" circle punch to make the bases out of some Crumb Cake scraps. The tops were also made out of 1" circles that I trimmed around the edges ever so slightly. I made the "icing drizzle" with memento black ink and the stem stamp from Sunshine Wishes.  I used my fine tip glue pen to make the glaze look nice and shiny. I had some tiny little sprinkle beads in my craft stash that worked out great as teeny sprinkles for these adorable little donuts.
You may think the sentiment looks a little familiar if you're a Paper Pumpkin subscriber...it's from the May 2017 Sprinkled with Love kit. I love getting my Paper Pumpkin on my doorstep every month, and I love when I can find a new project to use those stamp sets:)

Thank you for stopping by today, and I hope you check out all the other great cards at the Global Design Project!

Have a magical day!
Nina



2 comments:

  1. Wow, Nina! These donuts are so creative and fun! I love the drizzle you created for your sweet treats! Thank you for playing along with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brian! They were super fun and easy to make, and I love finding a new life for older stamps :)

    ReplyDelete

InKing Royalty Blog Hop - Remember

Welcome to InKing Royalty's May Blog Hop! This year's Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word - and this month our project...